Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day! Feliz Dia de Las Madres!

Thank you Mother Mary for being the best example for mothers, for being a living tabernacle and carrying Our Lord Jesus Christ in your womb, and for being by His side during His time of suffering. At Cana Our Lord said, "My time has not yet come", and yet how could he refuse a request from His beloved mother? Mother Mary, like at Cana, please ask Our Lord Jesus a favor for us. Ask Him to help and bless mothers all over the world, especially those who may feel in despair with the temptation of abortion, mothers who do not realize they may be having embryonic abortions while on the pill, and mothers who may especially need His holy comfort and consolation.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Mother Mary, Pray For Us!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susanna! I'm writing to you AGAIN to let you know I'll be posting soon how I'm teaching my 8 yo the 10 Commandments Montessori style (well, sort of). I'm know to Montessori and just beginning to research about the CGS. I'll let you know when the post comes out as I'm interested in your contributions. I don't know many Montessori-Catholic-Bilingual-Homeschooling Moms (phew, that was long...)

    Hugs from PR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Susanna, I had a question for you and the Mother's day post seemed like a good place to put it.
    I was just wondering if you started Montessori with your children while they were babies -- things like a floor bed, no play pen, following the child, etc. These all seem like great ideas, I'm just wondering how to implement them in a large family (or even with more then one child). I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks and I love your blog! Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Courtney,
    To answer your question quickly, 2 months later is quickly for me these days: I didn't do a Montessori bed on the floor, but am thinking about it with the new baby. I too wonder how it would work out with a toddler/preschooler sharing the room. What we have mostly done is implementing the idea of "following the child", and giving them opportunities for more independence. It can be tricky, but it is so worth it once everyone gets the hang of it.
    As far as toys, etc.. I am super duper picky and prefer to have simple, open ended items, and for the toddler years I like to provide various practical life activities. I hope this helps somewhat, at least for now. I'm trying to catch up on my blogging and will hopefully write more of my thoughts on there soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!